Saturday, September 19, 2015

Self Exploration, and an Introduction.

Many stereotypes circulate around certain cultures and regions, like the common stereotypes perceived by first world countries about the Middle East. My name is Tariq, I am a 15 year old Middle-Eastern teenager. No, I don't live in a tent, I don't live in the far ends of some desert in Saudi Arabia, I don't own a camel or a goat, and most importantly, I'm not going to walk into a shopping mall and scream "ALLAHU AKBAR!" then explode.

I live a typical teenager life, filled with speculations and self-questioning which won't get me anywhere. One of the common questions that pop up on my head is my future, which quite frankly isn't the clearest thing as of yet. I aspire to thrive and succeed in things I love; music, computing, writing and much more. I'm still exploring myself and my own mentality, trying to get a grip of what my true core-character is, and trying to accustom to who I truly am.

Many teenagers slip into the ultimate inevitable doom of depression during this phase. They're oh-so uncertain about everything, and all seems so dark for them, as if life has closed all its doors. Everything suddenly comes to a halt, and they realize that they aren't quite happy with how everything is turning out to be. This is failure.

On the other, brighter side, many actually succeed in handling all the stress and downsides of what the "teen" phase does to you. It's not always sad times, really, you're actually living one of the best times you'll experience in your entire life. As one ages up, his/her responsibilities stack up and increase more and more, eventually to the point where you hear older people say "one day you'll be as old as I am and you'll realize how much of a blessing youth is".

Youth truly is a blessing, however only if you make it that way. You're basically shaping your character and inner-self up for the future you have ahead of you. Every person you interact with, every decision you take, every thought you have and every mindset you take eventually leaves a permanent mark on you, inevitably having an effect on your personality.

The past is done and dusted, live your present and plan ahead for your future, because only you can achieve what you truly want. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment